Flashback

On 25 July, 2018 some of O.LD.'s first students caught up for a mini-reunion. Most of the people in this group started in Prep in 1952, but some came  a little later as refugee children. Post World War II Australia had a policy that took in displaced persons from countries that were either destroyed by war or were overrun by the Soviet Union. These children arrived from all parts of Euroipe, mostly throughout the early 1950s where some were housed at the migrant hostel at Enoggera. 

When O.L.D., known as the Mitchy Convent, opened its doors in March of 1951, it had a total of 67 students. The next year that number arose to 125. In those days classes were large. Imagine over fifty children in Prep!