Defence Transition Program
Our Lady of Dolours School is a proud particpant in the Defence Transition Aide Program. This program provides support to the children and families of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members, particularly when moving in and out of a school on a posting or when a parent is absent from home.
Defence School Transition Aides (DSTAs) are located in primary schools throughout Australia where there are significant numbers of ADF families.
The role of the DSTA is to:
- assist ADF parents and children to become familiar with the school and its facilities
- co-ordinate appropriate welcoming and farewelling activities for ADF children involving the school community
- monitor ADF children’s personal issues such as friendship, peer groups and classroom difficulties
- contribute items of interest to the school newsletter
- provide opportunities for ADF families to meet other ADF families within the school community
- maintain contact with ADF families who are enrolled in the school.