Active Travel @ OLD
Our Lady of Dolours is an Active Travel School.
Follow these links to join our Active Travel journey.
The Active School Travel program is run by Brisbane City Council and participating schools. The program aims to reduce traffic congestion around schools and improve road safety awareness. It encourages parents, staff and children to walk, cycle, car pool or use public transport to get to or from school.
OLD is proud to be an Active Travel school. Following our huge success as active travellers in 2010, we are continuing the campaign with just as much enthusiasm and enjoyment.
When 5/6 won the first Active Travel Cup for 2011, their teacher, Mr Crawford said, "It is absolutely fabulous to see how fit and healthy our students are as a result their dedication to Active Travel. They have also become very aware of the contribution they make to reducing traffic congestion and sparing the environment. Keep travelling 5/6!"
Actively travel to school for 10 minutes. The pink ring on the map shows you how far.
Active Travel Activities include:
- Walking Wheeling Wednesday - every week!
- the Walking School Bus - saves on fuel!
- bike skills training - riding safely
- car pooling - team up with your neighbours
- Park and Stride Challenge - reduce traffic congestion at the school
- road safety education - always travel safely